Lead Researcher: Louise Nelson, PhD University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
Collaborators: Deena Errampalli, PhD Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Vineland, Ontario
Jennifer DeEll, PhD Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Danielle Hirkala, PhD British Columbia Tree Fruits Cooperative
Bill Wolk, PhD British Columbia Tree Fruits Cooperative Peter Toivonen, PhD Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Summerland, British Columbia
The objectives of this project are to test the bacterial antagonists in storage trials in order to assess their potential for commercial development.
- The efficacy of the bacterial antagonists under varying storage conditions with different fruit varieties;
- The optimal concentrations and timing of application of the antagonists;
- The effect of the antagonists on fruit quality;
- The performance of the antagonists alone or in combination with other chemical control methods, and
- The suitability of the antagonists for commercial development.