The 10th Annual Greenhouse Competition will take place at the Leamington Fair from June 17 – 19.
Here are this year’s categories:
- Beefsteak: This category is for standard beefsteak tomatoes. Smaller sized beefsteaks should be entered in the Specialty or Cocktail category.
- TOV/Cluster: This category is for the larger on the vine tomatoes. Bite size or cocktail tomatoes that are distributed with the vine attached DO NOT qualify for this category.
- Roma: This category is for standard Roma tomatoes. Mini Roma tomatoes DO NOT qualify for this category. They should be in either mini, cocktail or specialty categories.
- Bite-Size: MUST be one bite tomatoes.
- Cocktail: Should be a mid-size tomato: larger than a grape or cherry tomato, smaller than a standard beefsteak.
- Specialty: All tomatoes that do not fit in any other category or can be marketed as a specialty product.
- Yellow, Red and Orange Bell: Standard bell peppers. Mini bells DO NOT qualify for this category.
- Specialty Bell: All other coloured standard bell peppers such as chocolate, green or purple. Mini bells DO NOT qualify for this category.
- Specialty Mini: All sweet mini-peppers.
- Specialty Long: All sweet long peppers.
- Specialty Hot: Painfully self-explanatory. Lol
- English Cuke: Standard large seedless English cucumbers.
- (NEW CATEGORY) Cocktail Cuke: Mid to small sized cucumber but larger than a pickle.
- Mini Cuke: Small pickle-sized cuke.